Origins of Signavio
In 2006, Four students at the Hasso Plattner Institute in Potsdam, Germany saw that process management platforms were either non-existent or completely unmanageable for many companies. Businesses weren’t benefitting from existing Process Management theories and practices and in addition to this there was no way to share knowledge between employees or departments.
What started out as a research project to create a modelling tool with collaborative functions turned into a prototype. After the tool was refined, Signavio was officially founded in 2009 and introduced the first completely web-based collaborative BPM software.
Tao Machakaire is one of our Graduate SAP Consultants having completed his Bachelor of IT, majored in Information Systems, and completing his master’s at Queensland University of Technology.
What is Signavio?
Signavio is a cloud-based Business Process Management platform that helps you document, model, and simulate business processes.
Signavio allows you to:
- Easily create your processes
- Add new activities
- Edit your models
- then review your models
- Add comments to task notifications
- Respond in real-time to colleagues across departments and sites.
- Ask for feedback and drive conversations that lead to faster & better outcomes.
- Process simulation by setting and monitoring case scenarios and dive into tasks most relevant to you.
- Uncover hidden opportunities
Why does this matter?
SAP completed the acquisition of Signavio on the 5th of March 2021, which means Signavio’s products will become part of SAP’s Business Process Intelligence portfolio
What does this mean for DalRae Solutions?
DalRae Solutions is a trusted SAP Gold Partner in building, implementing and delivering Business Solutions. With Signavio becoming a part SAP’s Business Process Intelligence portfolio, we now have access to utilize its many tools.
We are currently using SAP Signavio Process Manager to:
- Model the existing Internal Timesheet Business Process
- Analyse the existing Timesheet Business Process
- Improve on the existing Timesheet Business Process.
In addition to this DalRae will be utilizing the many other Signavio tools to further improve DalRae Solution Processes.